With regard to this document Isami Ryu Martial Arts Academy is herein referred to as IRMAA.
- IRMAA is committed to ensuring that equity is incorporated across all aspects of its development.
In doing so it acknowledges and adopts the following definition of equality in Martial Arts:
- Equality is about fairness in Martial Arts, equality of access, recognising inequalities and taking steps to address
them. It is about ensuring the culture and structure of Martial Arts is such that it equally accessible to everyone in society.
- IRMAA respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally within the context of
Martial Arts, regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status.
- IRMAA is committed to everyone having the right to enjoy their participation in an environment free from threat of
intimidation, harassment and abuse.
- All IRMAA members have a responsibility to oppose
discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.
- IRMAA will deal with
any incidence of discriminatory behaviour seriously, according to club disciplinary procedures.
David Clare 21st February 2013